As a fan of traditional country, I don’t mind repeating that I am not a big fan of country/rap. All of Country’s Chatter readers already know that. However, I have been to several of Colt Ford’s shows, and have never been more entertained in my life. Colt puts on an awesome show. I keep things like that in mind when I listen to music from other artists, who can only be described as ‘country/rap singers.’ Lenny Cooper is one of those artists.
I pay a lot of attention to what is going on in the world around me, and I know how many fans these artists are attracting. You can tell right away from the amount of Facebook followers, Pandora plays, and YouTube views he has, Lenny Cooper is one who is building a very large fan base, all across the country. Like Colt Ford, Lenny also features other country artists to sing on his songs. So there is something for the old folks (like me), and the young kids who love the rap sound.
Lenny Cooper’s third studio album, “The Grind,” is set for release on August 26, 2014 via Average Joes Entertainment and features artists like Bucky Covington, Colt Ford, Bubba Sparxxx, American Idol contestant Sarah Ross, Tyler Wood from Discovery’s hit reality TV series “Moonshiners,” and more. You can pre-order the album now atiTunes.
* Exploded on the musical scene as the godfather of the highly successful “Mud Digger” compilation series selling over 300,000 total units and has been featured in major media outlets such as the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times.
* Since the release of his previous album in 2013,“Mud Dynasty,” which debuted on theBillboard Country Album chart, Cooper has seen a 750% growth in likes, follows and email subscribers (126,000+ Facebook likes, 2,380,000+ Pandora plays in the last 30 days, and 10,000,000+ YouTube views).
* Now featured as a primary character in “The Average Joes” comic book series featuring Colt Ford and friends as super heroes selflessly saving the world with their super powers. The second issue of “The Average Joes” is expected to be released in August to coincide with “The Grind.”
* Set to be a featured performer in 2015 on the Monster X Tour hitting several cities across the country.
* Partnered with suspension/automotive company Rough Country and will be cross-promoting his unique brand of country music.
* Native of South Carolina, Lenny was discovered on YouTube when he posted a video called “Mud Digger” and tagged Colt Ford. Intending to just make music he could mud-bog to (his favorite pastime), the video went viral garnering over 2 million views.
If you like country lyrics, country storylines in your songs, and a little country music behind your rap – you are going to love Lenny Cooper. In addition to his web site, be sure to visit his Facebook page, and remember to ‘Like’ it while you are there! You can follow him on Twitter, too, @LennyCooper 44. If you aren’t already following Country’s Chatter on Twitter, we’d love to have you! You will find us @countryschatter.
Back with more soon!