Grammy® nominated country music star Chris Young and Folgers® are excited to announce the five finalists for this year’s Folgers Jingle Contest. Each finalist put their own spin on the iconic “The Best Part of Wakin’ Up is Folgers in Your Cup®” Folgers jingle and won a mentoring session with Chris Young. Now through April 24, 2017, coffee fans across the country can vote daily at Jingle.FolgersCoffee.com for their favorite finalist’s jingle to be chosen as the $25,000 grand prize winner. Each voter can enter for a chance to win daily prizes and an online vote grand prize of $10,000.
“Having the opportunity to win $25,000 can be life-changing for an up-and-coming artist,” said Young. “It’s been really cool meeting all the finalists and hearing how they made the iconic Folgers jingle their own.”
More About the Finalists
- Ryan and Caleb Vanderburg are brothers from Midlothian, TX, who grew up playing music and formed their band, She Dances. Together with Caleb’s wife, Briana, they focus on tightly matched harmonies, and tell the story of the importance of using time wisely in their Folgers Jingle rendition.
- Greg & Andy, from Venice, CA and Los Angeles, CA, have a background in bluegrass and American traditional music, and have merged their music for their first creative collaboration. Their version of the Jingle describes a morning ritual of Folgers coffee.
- Katie Austin & Lainey Wilson, from Nashville, TN, met a few years ago during a songwriting session, and have felt a musical bond ever since. Their rise and shine version of the Jingle depicts a typical day for songwriters.
- Native to Denton, TX, The Brashers are comprised of two brothers, Jeff and Tyler, and Jeff’s wife, Morgin, who are all passionate about music, songwriting and performing. Their Jingle video captures the urgency of sunrise.
- J Dodd & Stephen James, a duo from Panorama City, CA, and Los Angeles, CA, came together and found an incomparable musical chemistry. Their version of the Jingle tells the story of two artists in a creative drought, but after drinking a cup of Folgers coffee, they’re inspired to complete their song.
More About the Vote for the Best Folgers® Jingle Promotion Now through April 24, 2017, coffee fans have the opportunity to vote daily for their favorite finalist’s jingle. For each day of the voting promotion first and second prizes will be randomly selected and awarded to Folgers Jingle fans. First prize includes a $120 Visa® gift card and two Folgers coffee mugs and Second prize includes a Folgers Vintage Coffee Can autographed by Chris Young. One Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected to win a $10,000 cash prize. For promotion details and complete Official Rules, visit Jingle.FolgersCoffee.com.
More About The 2017 Folgers® Jingle Contest Musicians were invited to take a moment to reflect, connect and create their own unique version of the Folgers Jingle in video format. The video had to include the complete melody and lyrics of “The Best Part of Wakin’ Up is Folgers in Your Cup®.” Once complete, the video was uploaded to Jingle.FolgersCoffee.com. A qualified judging panel selected five semi-finalists whose videos will be posted for online voting and who also received a special mentoring session with Chris Young. In May, one Folgers Jingle finalist will be selected as the grand prize winner of $25,000.
For more information about Folgers® and the Folgers jingle contest, visit Jingle.FolgersCoffee.com or follow @Folgers on Twitter and Facebook.http://www.countryschatter.com/2017/04/folgers-and-grammy-nominated-country-music-star-chris-young-announce-finalists-for-the-folgers-jingle-contest/ContestsPress ReleaseChris Young,Folgers Coffee,Folgers Jingle Contest,Greg and Andy,J Dodd and Stephen James,Katie Austin and Lainey Wilson,Ryan and Caleb Vanderburg,The Brahsers