Breakout Warner Music Nashville / Warner Bros. Records Country artist MORGAN EVANS is set to toast yet another career highlight. On Thursday, October 18, the Aussie talent will make his morning-television debut on NBC’S TODAY, performing his irresistible #1 hit, “Kiss Somebody.”
Coming just days after the release of his full-length American debut, THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO (out this Friday, 10/12), the magnetic entertainer will take the stage during the show’s 10 a.m. hour and deliver his romantic chart-topper in signature style, connecting directly with fans nationwide using only two guitars and a loop pedal.
But as THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO release week gets underway, there’s even more big news to reveal:
• Evans will join Old Dominion as a special guest on the band’s upcoming MAKE IT SWEET TOUR, kicking off January 18 in Chicago, IL.
• The buzzed-about newcomer has been featured as one of PEOPLE magazine’s Ones To Watch 2018, on stands now.
• Tonight (10/9), Evans will appear live on the historic Grand Ole Opry, delivering a rare private performance after the show for any fans that pre-order the album on-site.
• Thursday (10/11), select fans will take part in a special THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO listening party at InDo Nashville.
• Friday (10/12) will feature the official launch of THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO, plus back-to-back Grand Ole Opry performances and a pre-Opry Facebook livestream kicking off at 5:30ET/4:30CT.
• And on Saturday (10/13), Evans will celebrate his new album with a blowout concert and release party in Chicago, taking over Joe’s on Weed St. with tickets available at MorganEvansMusic.com.
Continuing to build momentum after his chart-topping arrival on the Country scene, Evans is poised for his second consecutive smash single with “Day Drunk” – the party-ready, high-on-life anthem which has already racked up millions of on-demand streams and received critical acclaim from Rolling Stone as one of the “10 Best Country and Americana Songs of the Week.”
THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO is a collection of 11 songs co-penned by Evans over the last two years, reflecting his exciting journey since moving to Nashville from Australia. Each instrument heard on the project was played by Evans and the album’s producer, Chris DeStefano, and fans can pre-order THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO now, instantly receiving five songs in the process.
ABOUT MORGAN EVANS: Praised by Rolling Stone as “a savvy performer with strong songwriting chops,” Australian-born rising Country artist Morgan Evans is gearing up for the release of his highly anticipated debut album, THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO (Warner Music Nashville), due out October 12. The project features his #1 debut US single “Kiss Somebody,” as well as chart-rising follow-up “Day Drunk.” Forging a path as one of the genre’s up-and-coming stars, he has been named to PEOPLE’s elite “Ones To Watch” 2018 list and spotlighted as an emerging artist by CMT, SiriusXM, Pandora, Rolling Stone, Billboard, Bobby Bones, The Tennessean and more. A bona fide Country force in Australia, he has garnered countless awards and honors, most recently claiming Country Work of the Year for “Kiss Somebody” at the 2018 APRA Music Awards. After sharing the bill with global superstar Taylor Swift, Country hit-maker Cole Swindell and more A-list acts, Evans recently wrapped his 10 IN 10 TOUR, performing 10-straight shows in 10 days including SOLD-OUT headline dates in Los Angeles, CA, Atlanta, GA, and New York, NY. He is currently featured as a special guest on Chris Young’s LOSING SLEEP WORLD TOUR.http://www.countryschatter.com/2018/10/things-that-we-drink-to-morgan-evans-set-for-debut-on-nbcs-today-oct-18/New ReleasesPress ReleaseTV Appearance"Kiss Somebody",Make It Sweet Tour,Morgan Evans,NBC's Today,THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO,Warner Music nashville/Warner Bros. Records