Everyone ready to go shopping? Next Tuesday, Feb. 23, you’ll be able to go shopping for a new CD, by one of today’s newer country artists. Since the first time I heard “Outside My Window,” I have been singing along with this happy – makes you want to smile and dance – song. And the video for it is really great, too.
The singer is Sarah Buxton. The press release announcing the release of the debut album said Sarah is a captivating and infectious performer, songwriter, and producer, and after spending an evening with her – via UStream, I have to agree with that release.
I recently had the pleasure of joining Sarah and a lot of her fans in one of those video chats on UStream. She sang as well as taking questions from the fans viewing the chat. Sarah was funny and entertaining, and everyone in the chat had a great time with her.
Sarah co-wrote 10 of the 11 songs on the album, including “Stupid Boy,” which won friend and fellow performer Keith Urban a Grammy for Best Male Country Vocal Performance.
The track listing follows:
1. “American Daughters”# (Sarah Buxton, Bob DiPiero)
2. “Outside My Window”+ (Sarah Buxton, Victoria Shaw, Mark Jeffrey Hudson, Gary Burr)
3. “Radio Love”@ featuring Jedd Hughes (Sarah Buxton, Jedd Hughes, Steve Robson)
4. “For Real”^ (Sarah Buxton, Bob DiPiero)
5. “Wings”@ featuring Jedd Hughes (Sarah Buxton, Blair Daly)
6. “Love Like Heaven”* (Sarah Buxton, Blair Daly)
7. “Space”+ (Sarah Buxton, Lari White, Chuck Cannon)
8. “Innocence”# (Sarah Buxton, Jeremy Stover, Dave Berg, Georgia Middleman)
9. “That Kind Of Day”# (Sarah Buxton, Jeremy Stover, Greg Barnhill)
10. “Stupid Boy”# (Sarah Buxton, Dave Berg, Deanna Bryant)
10. Big Blue Sky”@ duet Jedd Hughes (Jedd Hughes, Luke Laird)
Sarah has appeared on The Today Show and Jimmy Kimmel Live and has also appeared in the pages of People, Redbook and Country Weekly magazines. She is also on tour with Martina McBride and Trace Adkins to open the pair’s “Shine All Night Tour” through May. While on tour she’ll be promoting her upcoming self-titled debut album,.
I have got to close this post with a video, so if you don’t feel like singing – you better not click on the video below…. It’s that one where you just can’t help yourself. Here’s Sarah and “Outside My Window.”
I’ll talk to you guys soon. I still have a couple of posts to get up about the City of Hope Benefit at The Rutledge in Nashville on Feb. 9, so keep an eye out for those.
Have a great Tuesday!