Today, fast-rising country stars Parmalee revealed the release date, cover art and final track listing of the band’s highly anticipated debut album.FEELS LIKE CAROLINA, an album inspired by the band’s rollercoaster journey to Nashville and to the top of the charts, will be released on Stoney Creek Records on Tuesday, December 10.
"After everything we’ve been through – not only as a band – but as a family, we can’t put into words how thrilled we are to finally release this project for the world to hear,” says lead singer Matt Thomas. “Every experience over the last few years – both positive and negative – has helped to mold the songs on FEELS LIKE CAROLINA –from traveling the country and meeting our fans to surviving a near-fatal armed robbery.”
“The truth is nothing can keep us from pursuing this dream because we were raised to always ‘keep on pluggin’. . .and that’s just what we do,” adds Thomas. “A huge THANK YOU to Country Radio and all of our fans for helping us to make this dream a reality."
FEELS LIKE CAROLINA features 12 songs, including the smash hit “Carolina” which soared into theTop 10 on both the Billboard Country Airplay and Country Aircheck/ Mediabase charts this week. “Carolina” also leapt into the Top 10 on the iTunes Country Singles Chart this week as the song nears GOLD sales status.
Also included is the raucous party anthem, “Musta Had a Good Time,” which spent 4 straight weeks at #1 on SiriusXM The Highway’s fan-voted “Hot 30 Live” Countdown.
Stand out tracks also include the lazy country swagger of live show favorite “Day Drinkin’ ” which captures the heart and soul of a blue collar holiday while the flirtatious grooves of “Dance” empowers the female fan to let her hair down and shake “what her mama gave her.”
Produced by the four-man collective known as NV (Thompson Square), FEELS LIKE CAROLINA features songs written by the crème da le crème of Nashville’s songwriting elite, including GRAMMY winning songwriter Craig Wiseman (Tim McGraw’s “Live Like You Were Dying”) as well as #1 chart-topping writers Kyle Jacobs (Garth Brooks’ “More Than A Memory”), Bobby Pinson (Toby Keith/ Sugarland),Jason Sever and Rachel Thibodeau (Billy Currington’s “Good Direction”).
Parmalee lead singer Matt Thomas shares songwriting credits on seven of the album’s 12 tracks, including collaborations with Phil O’Donnell and Blair Daily who have penned #1 hits for Rascal Flatts and Montgomery Gentry respectively. Parmalee members Barry Knox, Josh McSwain and Scott Thomas also share writing credits on several tracks. Additionally, artists Randy Montana, Keith Anderson, Trent Tomlinson and Chris Janson lend their songwriting prowess to the diverse collection.
Official FEELS LIKE CAROLINA Track Listing:
1. Musta Had a Good Time (Matt Thomas, Scott Thomas, Josh McSwain, Barry Knox, David Fanning)
2. Day Drinkin’ (Matt Thomas, Blair Daly)
3. Move (Arlis Albriton, Brandon Kinney, Ben Daniel)
4. Close Your Eyes for This (Adam Craig, Trent Tomlinson, Shane Minor)
5. Dance (Matt Thomas, Barry Knox, Tommy Cecil, Landis Frier)
6. Carolina (Matt Thomas, Scott Thomas, Josh McSwain, Barry Knox, Rick Beato)
7. Think You Oughta Know That (Matt Thomas, Jason Sever, Rachel Thibodeau)
8. Back in the Day (Chris Janson, Jaron Boyer, Ben Stennis, Preston Brust)
9. My Montgomery (Kyle Jacobs, Ben Glover, Randy Montana)
10. Already Callin’ You Mine (Matt Thomas, Scott Thomas, Barry Knox, Phil O’Donnell, Wade Kirby)
11. I’ll Bring the Music (Keith Anderson, Craig Wiseman)
12. Another Day Gone (Matt Thomas, Scott Thomas, Josh McSwain, Barry Knox, Bobby Pinson)
*Album cover photo by: Ed Rode
**Album cover design by: Glenn Sweitzer
In addition to their web site, you can follow them open Twitter @parmalee.https://www.countryschatter.com/2013/10/parmalee-announces-release-of-debut-album-feels-like-carolina/New ArtistsNew ReleasesChris Janson,debut album,Feels Like Carolina,Keith Anderson,parmalee,rascal flatts,Trent Tomlinson