Montgomery Gentry, one of country music’s most storied duos, has been hard at work in the studio with producer Michael Knox (Jason Aldean, Thomas Rhett), putting the finishing touches on their first new record in over three years. FOLKS LIKE US, the new album from Montgomery Gentry, will release June 9 on Blaster Records through RED Distribution.
“Listening back through our older albums, I can definitely hear some growth and maturity in the new music, but Folks Like Us still feels like a Montgomery Gentry record,” shares Troy Gentry. “There are probably a few more introspective moments on the album, and front to back, this might just be our strongest record yet.”
Top country websites Taste of Country and The Boot will exclusively preview the tracks from Folks Like Us later this month. The album’s title track is also the duo’s newest single, available now for digital download at iTunes at http://smarturl.it/mgfolks.
“We’re still who we are at the roots,” says Eddie Montgomery. “I reckon, you let it branch out a little bit and you learn. You live and learn, so that’s what we’ve tried to do with this new record.”
- “We Were Here” (Marv Green, Wendell Mobley, Tim Nichols)
- “Headlights” (Bob DiPiero, Tony Martin, Wendell Mobley)
- “In A Small Town” (Mike Busbee, Brett James, Justin Weaver)
- “Back On A Dirt Road” feat. Chris Robertson/Black Stone Cherry (Tommy L. Conner, Troy Johnson, Jack Williams)
- “Two Old Friends” (Tony Martin, Jessica McCall, Wendell Mobley)
- “Folks Like Us” (Ash Bowers, Adam Craig, Neal Coty)
- “Pain” (Al Anderson, Chris Stapleton)
- “Hillbilly Hippies” (Brett Beavers, Tony Martin, Wendell Mobley)
- “Better For It” (Chris Stapleton, Jeffrey Steele, Craig Wiseman)
- “That’s Just Living” (Ross Copperman, David Lee Murphy)
Eddie and Troy will be inducted into the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame on April 10. The pair will soon celebrate their sixth anniversary as members of the Grand Ole Opry.
ABOUT MONTGOMERY GENTRY: With over 20 plus charted singles, the Kentucky-born duo is preparing to celebrate a major career milestone as Eddie Montgomery and Troy Gentry will be inducted into the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame on April 10. On June 9, the pair will release their eighth studio album and first with label partner Blaster Records.
Montgomery Gentry has earned countless CMA, ACM, and GRAMMY awards and nominations with undeniable blue collar anthems like “Hell Yeah,” “My Town,” and “Hillbilly Shoes.” They’ve notched five #1 singles (“If You Ever Stop Loving Me,” “Something To Be Proud Of,” “Lucky Man,” “Back When I Knew It All” and “Roll With Me”) and will soon celebrate their sixth anniversary as Grand Ole Opry members.https://www.countryschatter.com/2015/04/new-album-from-montgomery-gentry-set-to-release-june-9-2015/New ReleasesPress ReleaseBlaster REcords,Eddie Montgomery,facebook,Folks LIke Us,itunes,kentucky music hall of fame,montgomery gentry,Troy Gentry,Twitter