Back in an October, 2015, article we told you all about Olivia Lane. We were fans then, and after hearing her new single, “Make My Own Sunshine,” we’re even bigger fans! Everyone who listens to country radio has been hearing a lot of Kelsea Ballerini, Jana Kramer, Amber Hayes, Lauren Alania, Maddie & Tae, Maren Morris, and all of the other bubbly, happy female country singers out there,; and, Olivia Lane fits right in! I received a press release today, that I need to pass on to all of you. Read all about this young lady, and enjoy the video!
Rising country artist Olivia Lane is releasing her self-titled debut EP, featuring new single “Make My Own Sunshine,” on July 29. We would love for you to consider her for an upcoming feature, review and/or appearance. If you are in Nashville, she will be doing in-person interviews on July 25.
We are so excited for you to hear her fresh and empowering new sound. Visit the link below to listen to Olivia’s EP and to check out her bio, talk points and artwork: http://www.olivialane.com/press/ep/
Here are a few HIGHLIGHTS on Lane’s career thus far:
• Garnering media buzz, ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY featured the sweet and sassy singer as one of only five “Breaking Big” Fall 2015 acts, noting, “This Nashville newcomer and singer-songwriter counts Patsy Cline and Linda Ronstadt as influences – and she’s got bold, brassy tunes (and incredible pipes) to match those towering talents.”
• ROLLING STONE COUNTRY praised Lane in their Fall 2015 “10 New Country Artists You Need To Know” acclaiming “Sounds Like: A classic-country enthusiast who leads with her sass and robust voice.” And they added, “For Fans of: Dixie Chicks, Miranda Lambert and Sam Hunt.”
• Lane was recently appointed a brand ambassador for Reese Witherspoon’s clothing line, Draper James. You can check out her feature on Reese’s blog HERE.
• Inspired by the overwhelming fan response to “Make My Own Sunshine,” Lane created the #SunshineMovement across social media to encourage others to spread joy, pay it forward and make their own sunshine. Catch Olivia in her first #SunshineMovement video HERE giving out free hugs in Las Vegas!
• Highlighted in iTunes Country “New Artist Spotlight,” the seven-track EP includes her current vibrant single “Make My Own Sunshine.”
• Produced by GRAMMY-nominated musician and 2015 Academy of Country Music’s (ACM) “Studio Recording Award” honoree Ilya Toshinskiy, Lane’s credit is on six of the seven tracks and features songs written with hit makers, including Toshinskiy (Kacey Musgraves, Martina McBride), Jim Beavers (Chris Stapleton, Tim McGraw), David Frasier (Kip Moore, Lee Brice), Leland Grant (Jordan Pruitt, Josh Jones), Bobby Hamrick (“Nashville” Cast, Natalie Stovall), Tammy Hyler (Martina McBride, Shania Twain), Danny Myrick (Jason Aldean, Tim McGraw), Aaron Scherz (Keith Urban, Maddie & Tae) and Shaye Smith (Martina McBride, Trace Adkins).
• Previously opening select dates for Cam, Wynonna Judd, Kip Moore and Randy Houser, the powerful and lively vocalist that “just belongs on stage” (CMT.com) can be seen at various venues throughout the U.S. and Canada this summer.
In addition to Olivia’s web site, visit her Facebook page, and remember to “Like” it while you are there. We’ve linked a number of her videos in this article, but take a few minutes to check out her YouTube videos, too. If you like mountains, check out some of the beautiful pictures on her Instagram. You can follow her on Twitter @olivialanemusic. If you aren’t already following Country’s Chatter on Twitter, we would love to have you. You will find us @countryschatter.https://www.countryschatter.com/2016/07/need-some-sunshine-olivia-lane-has-it-for-you/New ArtistsNew ReleasesPress ReleaseVideosCam,Instagram,itunes,Kip Moore,Make My Own sunshine,New Artist Spotlight,Olivia Lane,Randy Houser,Rolling Stone Country,Twitter,Wynonna