Chart topping musician, vocalist and songwriter Lindsay Ell’s highly-anticipated sophomore album heart theory, an incredibly personal 12-track concept album that explores the seven stages of grief, is available everywhere now. Listen HERE.
The album has already garnered critical acclaim, with American Songwriter hailing it a “masterpiece of an album” and Rolling Stone calling it Ell’s “most empowering album to date.”
In honor of the release – her first original album in three years – Ell is in the midst of a global 24-hour livestream titled Lindsay Ell Around The World which kicked off last night at 11pm CT on her Instagram. In lieu of being able to travel, the livestream features every time zone around the world, with Ell giving fans an inside look at the new record with personal stories behind songs, performances and chats with special guests across the globe all while raising money for the Make You Movement, her charitable foundation that will provide funds to organizations that support at-risk youth and survivors of sexual trauma and domestic abuse.
Highlights from the livestream have included chats with Olympian Pita Taufatofua, Indian model Gauhar Khan, label mates The Wolfe Brothers coming in from Tasmania and a virtual breakfast cooking class alongside Chef Matt Migliore.
Later today, Ell will check in with TODAY’s Donna Farizan ahead of her August 17 appearance, where she’ll perform the record’s hit single “wAnt me back” from Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium; she will also do a live interview with KTLA Morning News.
Release day celebrations will continue with more livestream workouts, surprises, and appearances by British country star Twinnie, CMT’s Cody Alan and even Ell’s own family, checking in from her native Calgary. Ell and her band will round out release day with an epic party and performance to cap the livestream’s 24 hour run.
Throughout the course of her career, Ell has amassed more than 123 million on demand streams to date and is currently nominated for two 2020 ACM awards – New Female Artist of the Year & Music Event of the Year.
heart theory track listing (with writers)
a journey through the seven stages of grief
- “Hits me” (Lindsay Ell, Tyler Hubbard, Corey Crowder)
- “how good” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
- “i don’t lovE you” (Adam Hambrick, Melissa Fuller, Neil Medley)
- “wAnt me back” (Lindsay Ell, Kane Brown, Matt McGinn, Lindsay Rimes)
- “get oveR you” (Lindsay Ell, Gordie Sampson, Kelly Archer)
- “wrong girl” (Lindsay Ell, Steph Jones, Matt McGinn, Luke Niccoli)
- “body language of a breakup” (Lindsay Ell, Laura Veltz, Sam Ellis)
- “good on you” (Lindsay Ell, Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath)
- “The oTHEr side” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn)
- “gO to” (Lindsay Ell, Nicolle Gaylon, Jordan Reynolds)
- “make you” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
- “ReadY to love” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn, Joey Hyde)
https://www.countryschatter.com/2020/08/lindsay-ells-sophomore-album-heart-theory-out-now/https://i0.wp.com/www.countryschatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LE1.jpg?fit=660%2C660&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.countryschatter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/LE1.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1New ReleasesPress ReleaseAdam Hambrick,Brandy Clark,Carey Crowder,Gordie Simpson,heart theory,Jessie Jo Dillon,Jo Dillon,kane Brown,Kelly Archer,Lindsay Ell,Make You NMovement,Mark McGuinn,Melissa fuller,Neil Medley,Steph Jones,Tyler Hubbard