Nearly one year after the release of Brantley Gilbert’s fifth album, the multi-Platinum hard-rocking country singer-songwriter announces Fire & Brimstone (Deluxe Edition) (The Valory Music Co.), set for release Friday, Oct. 2, featuring two new songs including current single “Hard Days” and “Old Friends,” a somber, reflective ballad written after the unexpected passing of Gilbert’s long-time crew member and friend Al Ditch.
“‘Old Friends’ is about treasuring friendships with those folks who always have your back through thick and thin, the ones you make memories with that last a lifetime,” shares Gilbert. “Al was that kind of friend, and he had that kind of impact on the entire crew. He made sure we’d have plenty of good memories to look back on, and we’re so blessed to have had him with us for eight years.”
Released Oct. 4, 2019, Fire & Brimstone explores love and family, redemption and life in a small town, with all 15 tracks written or co-written by Gilbert. Lead single “What Happens In A Small Town” featuring Lindsay Ell marked his fifth No. 1 as an artist, seventh No. 1 as a songwriter and earned nominations for the 2019 CMA Award for Musical Event of the Year and 2020 ACM Award for Music Event of the Year.
“When you write as much as I do, there’s just no sense in holding it back, especially when it fits in so well with what BG Nation is listening to at the moment,” elaborates the Maysville, Georgia native. “After hearing our fans and knowing so many of them are going through it, we wanted to commemorate the one-year anniversary of our latest album with something special.”
Before today’s YouTube premiere with BG Nation, Gilbert debuted the special acoustic performance for current single “Hard Days” which premiered on “Fox & Friends” last Friday, Sept. 18. Watch his “Fox & Friends” interview HERE and watch the acoustic performance video for “Hard Days” HERE.
Pre-order and pre-save options for Fire & Brimstone (Deluxe Edition) will be available tomorrow, Friday, Sept. 25.
Track listing for Fire & Brimstone (Deluxe Edition):
1. Fire’t Up (Brantley Gilbert, Brandon Day, Justin Weaver)
2. Not Like Us (Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Amy Wadge)
3. Welcome to Hazeville (Brantley Gilbert, Rodney Clawson, Andrew DeRoberts, Colt Ford) featuring Colt Ford, Lukas Nelson and Willie Nelson
4. What Happens in a Small Town (Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Josh Dunne) featuring Lindsay Ell
5. She Ain’t Home (Brantley Gilbert, Brian Davis, Justin Weaver)
6. Lost Soul’s Prayer (Brantley Gilbert, Andrew DeRoberts)
7. Tough Town (Brantley Gilbert, Blake Chaffin, Andrew DeRoberts, Josh Phillips)
8. Fire & Brimstone (Brantley Gilbert) featuring Jamey Johnson and Alison Krauss
9. Laid Back Ride (Brantley Gilbert)
10. Bad Boy (Brantley Gilbert, Andrew DeRoberts, Josh Phillips)
11. New Money (Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Brandon Day)
12. Breaks Down (Brantley Gilbert, Jaida Dreyer, Josh Mirenda, Justin Weaver)
13. Man of Steel (Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Cole Taylor)
14. Never Gonna Be Alone (Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Erik Dylan)
15. Man that Hung the Moon (Brantley Gilbert)
16. Hard Days (Brantley Gilbert, Jimi Bell, Brock Berryhill, Jay Brunswick, Logan Wall)
17. Old Friends (Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Randy Montana)
About Brantley Gilbert With back-to-back Platinum albums and a grassroots following millions strong, Brantley Gilbert has clearly struck a nerve. The Georgia native who started as the defiant life-of-the-party can still go ‘til sunrise, but he’s also emerged as something far greater: the leader of a massive tribe of hard-working, fun-loving believers for whom electric guitar-shredding, rapping, and twang can go hand-in-hand-in-hand. They call themselves the BG Nation, and when the BG Nation watches Gilbert on a stage, they don’t just see a star. They see themselves. Seven No. 1 hits punctuate his career: “Country Must be Country Wide,” “You Don’t Know Her Like I Do,” CMA Awards Song of the Year nominee “Dirt Road Anthem,” “My Kinda Party,” RIAA 5x Platinum-certified “Bottoms Up,” “One Hell of an Amen” and collaboration with Lindsay Ell “What Happens In A Small Town.” Gilbert’s landmark record Just As I Am clinched the 2014 American Music Award for Favorite Country Album. Earning praise from the New York Times, NPR, American Songwriter, and more, Gilbert has mined a rich vein of conflict between the party and the pew on all of his albums. Instead of toiling in limbo, unable to enjoy good times for fear of Judgment Day, Gilbert fully lives––rowdy friend, man of faith, devoted husband, smitten new father––just as he is. Fire & Brimstone, out now (10/4/19) via The Valory Music Co., is Gilbert’s most mature and complex exploration of his world to date. His current single “Hard Days” is available everywhere now, and Fire & Brimstone (Deluxe Edition) is set for release Oct. 2, 2020. For additional information, visit BrantleyGilbert.com or follow him on Instagram and Twitter at @BrantleyGilbert and on Facebook @BrantleyGilbertMusic.https://www.countryschatter.com/2020/09/brantley-gilberts-deluxe-edition-arrives-oct-2-w-2-new-songs/New ReleasesPress Release"hard Days",american songwriter,Brantley Gilbert,FIRE & BRIMSTONE Deluxe Edition,Instagram,old friends