Artwork Credit: Craig Allen / Photo Credit: Eric Adkins
Country star Gary Allan has announced his long-awaited new album, Ruthless, available June 25. Pre-order Ruthless HERE. The California native marks his return to the spotlight with a stunning 13 track album produced by Mark Wright, Tony Brown, Greg Droman, Jay Joyce, and Allan himself. The songwriting shines, setting the tone for a body of work that feels engaging and fresh. The superb instrumentation is a stand-out of the record which adds a layer of complexity and appeal, drawing from Allan’s deep-rooted influences of the ‘80s and ‘90s. Allan’s unique storytelling coupled with his artistic nature masterfully ties the project together into his best work to date.
“This is a montage of everything I have done since my last album,” Allan says of Ruthless. “It’s what I love. I remain influenced by the ‘90s — as well as by the ‘80s. Twenty-six tracks were cut for this album. Then I went back to the studio and recorded three or four more tracks. Then I returned for two more. From each of these many sessions, I stripped out the cool stuff that I wanted on the record.”
Allan announced Ruthless yesterday during a special live stream appearance from House of Blues Studios in Nashville, exclusively on his Facebook and YouTube pages. During the live stream, Allan gave his fans a first listen to his new music including the smoldering lead track, “Temptation,” released today. Allan dropped the brand new merch collection that can be purchased with the album pre-order, including exclusive t-shirts, hats, vinyl, and more on his website at ruthless.garyallan.com.
RUTHLESS Track Listing:
- Temptation (Written by Nicolle Galyon, Chase McGill and Jon Nite)
- Waste Of A Whiskey Drink (Written by Josh Kear, Michael Hardy and Mark Holman)
- Till It Felt Like You* (Written by Kyle Jacobs, Joe Leathers and Matt Warren)
- Slide (Written by Ross Ellis, Alex Kline and Michael Whitworth)
- Pretty Damn Close* (Written by Gary Allan, Sarah Buxton, Rodney Clawson and Matt Warren)
- High As I’ve Ever Been* (Written by Matt Warren, James Slater and Skip Black)
- What I Can’t Talk About* (Written by Jim Beavers, Lindsay Rimes and Matt Rogers)
- SEX (Written by Nicolle Galyon, Shane McAnally and Matt Jenkins)
- Trouble Knows Trouble (Written by Steve Bogard, Jason Sever and John Edwards)
- Ruthless (Written by Hillary Lindsey, busbee and Ryan Hurd)
- Unfiltered** (Written by Blair Daly, Brad Warren and Brett Warren)
- Little Glass Of Wine* (Written by Jesse Winchester)
- The Hard Way* (Written by Matt Warren and Carey Ott)
Produced by Mark Wright and Tony Brown
*Produced by Gary Allan and Greg Droman
**Produced by Jay Joyce
With the allure of a modern-day outlaw, Gary Allan has won over fans, peers and critics with his signature blend of smoldering vocals, rebellious lyrics and raucous live performances. While becoming a force on the country music scene, Allan has remained true to his artistic voice each step of the way. In 2016 Allan re-signed with Universal Music Group Nashville, the label home for the entirety of his twenty-four year career. His last album, Set You Free, topped the all-genre Billboard 200, a career first for Allan. The album also made its debut at the top of the Billboard Country Album chart (for the fourth time in a row) and produced his fifth #1 country radio chart topper with “Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain).” The California native released his first album, Used Heart for Sale, in 1996 and since then has released eight additional studio albums selling over 8 million albums, been certified platinum on three back-to-back albums, and been certified gold five times. Allan has five No. 1 hits at country radio, fourteen Top 10 hits to his credit and amassed over 2.6 billion total streams. His album Smoke Rings in the Dark recently celebrated its 20th anniversary with the release of his first ever vinyl appearance. He’s described as “dark and dreamy” in Entertainment Weekly, “soulful and rough around the edges” in Playboy and deemed a “maverick” by Rolling Stone. He has sold out venues as a headliner from NY to LA, appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Show with David Letterman, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Live with Kelly and Michael and Jimmy Kimmel Live. He has also landed on the covers of Country Weekly, Pollstar and People magazine.
https://www.countryschatter.com/2021/05/gary-allan-announces-new-album-ruthless-available-june-25/LivestreamNew ReleasesPress Release"Temptation",Eric Adkins,Gary Allan,Greg Droman,Instagram,Jay Joyce,Mark Wright,Ruthless,Tony Brown