After a long wait for devoted fans, singer/songwriter Danielle Bradbery announced today her highly-anticipated sophomore album I Don’t Believe We’ve Met, out December 1 on BMLG Records. As the title suggests, the multi-faceted artist is re-introducing herself after taking time since her debut LP to focus on the writing process and for the first time, infusing her own story into her songs. As revealed to Billboard, Bradbery shares the part of her “that not many people know” with this project.
Penning seven of the 10 tracks, Bradbery embarked on a four-year songwriting journey in preparation of I Don’t Believe We’ve Met, alongside ACM Awards Male Vocalist of the Year Thomas Rhett as well as GRAMMY® Award-winning songwriter Emily Weisband and GRAMMY®-nominated songwriter Jeff Pardo to create songs that were an honest reflection of her story. Chart-topping songwriters Rhett Akins (Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean) and Nicolle Galyon (Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert) also penned tunes on the project.
Co-producers Josh Kerr, Afterhrs (One Direction), Alysa Vanderheym, Jason Gantt (Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, Brooks & Dunn), Julian Bunetta (One Direction, Thomas Rhett) and Sam Ellis (Martina McBride, Hunter Hayes) all helped to fine-tune the “fresh new sound” (Rolling Stone Country) of the album.
“I am more than ready to re-introduce myself with music that is true to my story and my sound after diving into the writing process over the past four years,” said Bradbery. “With I Don’t Believe We’ve Met, I got the opportunity to work with amazing writers and producers that brought out my unique style and allowed me to tap into so many different influences. This is the beginning of a new chapter for me, and I am so excited for everyone to hear what we’ve made.”
Exclusive autographed bundles now available for pre-order here: http://smarturl.it/IDBWM
Lead single “Sway,” which Rolling Stone Country says pushes Bradbery’s “smooth vocals to the fore” with “a mix of danceable R&B, pop and country” that “strips away any bells and whistles to create a breezy summertime jam” was co-written by Bradbery, Weisband and Johan Fransson and is the first taste of the forthcoming album’s sound. “Sway” is available now at streaming and digital retailers, and will impact Country radio August 28. Listen now: http://bit.ly/SwayStatic
Always going to her fans first, the singer has shared her journey from the 17-year-old that won NBC’s The Voice, in 2013 to the confident 21-year-old she is now with a five-chapter video series that fans unlocked, telling her story as she went.
- “Sway” (Danielle Bradbery, Johan Fansson, Emily Weisband)
- “Potential” (Danielle Bradbery, Johan Lindbrandt, Emily Weisband)
- “What Are We dong” (Danielle Bradbery, Sam Ellis, Thomas Rhett, Emily Weisband)
- “Worth It” (Danielle Bradbery, Jeff Pardo, Molly Reed)
- “Can’t Stay Mad” (Danielle Bradbery, Ian Franzino, Andrew Haas, Steph Jones)
- “Messy” (Danielle Bradbery, Hannah Ellis, Josh Kerr)
- “Red Wine + White Couch” (Nicolle Galyon, Alysa Vanderheym, Emily Weisband)
- “Hello Summer” (Rhett Akins, Julian Bunetta, Jaren Johnston, Thomas Rhett)
- “Human Diary” (Josh Kerr, Emily Weisband)
- “Laying Low” (Danielle Bradbery, Jason Gantt, Heather Morgan)