July 4th is a day to celebrate our country’s independence. For the past 33 years, Johnson City has been celebrating with a huge party at Freedom Hall Civic Center. This, the 34th annual Pepsi Independence day Fireworks Celebration, will be no exception.
Country artist Adam Craig will be the headliner this year/ Remembered most for his Top 40 single “Just A Phase”, Adam recently released the song, “If You’re Lucky” to country radio nationwide. Other music acts will include bluegrass artist Jimbo Whaley and Greebrier, and Southern Rebellion.
Among the sponsors are Food City, Pepsi, Foster Signs, Precision, HearthSide Cabin Rentals, City of Johnson City, Johnson City Press, Freedom Hall, News Channel 11, ABC Tri Cities, Anakeesta, Courtyard by Marriot, Lamar, and WXBQ Radio. The day will include food vendors, craft booths, games for the kids, music on the big stage, visits from WXBQ deejays and the famous WXBQ Rabbit, and of course the spectacular fireworks s how to close out the night.
Food City will be giving away thousands of dollars worth of free groceries and gasoline to several lucky winners, and Pepsi has a prize pack, too. The grand prize will be a year’s worth of groceries, valued at $10,000, first prize will be a year’s supply of gas valued at $1,500 and second prize will be a year’s supply of Pepsi valued at $520. (Listen to WXBQ t9639 FM, to find out more about qualifying for these great prizes).
Other door prizes will inc;ide the following: four annual tickets to Anakeesta, a theme park in Gatlinburg, and a Pigeon Forge super pack, which includes a two-night stay at Hearthside Cabins, four dinner passes to Bennett’s BBQ, four passes to Wonderworks and four passes to Ober Gatlinburg. Attendees can register for these door prizes at the event.
Here’s the schedule:
- 5:00- 8:15 p.m.PARK & RIDE – FREE Johnson City Transit bus service begins from East Tennessee State University (corner of State of Franklin and University Parkway) and Winged Deer Park Complex parking lots
- 5:00 p.m. Food service begins, craft booths open, children’s games start
- 5:30- 6:00 p.m. WXBQ DJs
- 5:00- 7:00 p.m.On-site registration for a chance to win prizes:
- 6:00- 6:40 p.m. Music by Jimbo Whaley and Greenbriar
- 6:45- 6:50 p.m. Tribute to Gold Star Families and Disabled Veterans
- 7:00- 7:45 p.m.Music by local band Southern Rebellion
- 8:00- 8:10 p.m. Color Guard with National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance.
- 8:15- 9:15 p.m. Music Adam Craig
- 8:15 p.m.PARK & RIDE
- 9:20-9:35 p.m.Prize drawings on stage
- 9:50 p.m.Welcome by Johnson City Commissioner and WXBQ musical introduction for fireworks
- 9:55-10:15 p.m.Fireworks by Pyro Shows of Lafollette, TN
- 10:20 p.m.PARK & RIDE
- 10:20-11:00 p.m.Entertainment resumes on stage with Southern Rebellion
https://www.countryschatter.com/2019/06/adam-craig-to-headline-pepsi-independence-day-fireworks-at-freedom-hall-in-johnson-city-tenn/Summer FunWXBQAdam Craig,Food City,freedom hall,Jimbo Whaley and Greenbrier,Pepsi,Southern Rebellion