King Calaway today announced the upcoming release of their exceptionally diverse and carefully curated new album, Tennessee’s Waiting, available across all streaming platforms on August 4. The album’s title track, “Tennessee’s Waiting,” is available now. Listen HERE.
Produced by Zac Brown, the album features fervent instrumentals, profound lyrics, and the inspirationally captivating, lively songs the band is known for including their signature harmonies. The gripping new album features collaborations with GRAMMY nominee Marcus King as well as ACM winner Hailey Whitters. The project also showcases the previously-released, “star-making” (Billboard) track, “When I Get Home” and the “absolute anthem” (Country Swag) “I’m Feelin’ Good (Steve Miller Band).”
“It’s been 4 years now since the release of our debut album, in that time, we’ve experienced a lot of change and growth as individuals and as a band,” said King Calaway bandmates. “Our style and approach to music has evolved. We became stronger songwriters and performers, and we’ve finally made Tennessee feel like home. It felt right for us to name this record ‘Tennessee’s Waiting’ because of the connection we’ve made to our new home and the communities within. This album tells our stories the best way we can, and we’re excited to finally share it with the world,” they continued.
In an exclusive People interview, Zac Brown shared: “I recognized the talent this young group has and when we started working in the studio so much more unfolded, and I believe in these guys…Lots to come from King Calaway.”
King Calaway heads out on the road with Zac Brown Band’s “From the Fire Tour” this summer beginning Friday, June 30 at Nationwide Area in Columbus, OH. A full list of dates can be found HERE. The band has previously toured with Garth Brooks, Rascal Flatts and Scotty McCreery.
Heralded as “One of Country music’s fastest rising bands” (The Late Late Show with James Corden), King Calaway’s latest Zac Brown-produced project features 16 tracks.
Tennessee’s Waiting track listing:
- Best Thing About Me Now (Simon Dumas, Dave Cohen, Shane Stevens, Brandon Day)
- Let It Flow (feat. Hailey Whitters) (Connor Smith, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jonathan Singleton)
- High Cost of Loving You (Jaren Johnston, Brandy Clark)
- California Gold (Simon Dumas, Caleb Miller, Kevin Griffin)
- Denim Jacket (Simon Dumas, Chad Michael Jervis, Seth Mosley)
- Tennessee’s Waiting (Chad Michael Jervis, Chris Deaton, Caleb Miller, Adam Craig)
- Hometown Night (Simon Dumas, Seth Mosley, Chris Tompkins)
- Ease My Troubled Mind (Chris Deaton, Makayla Lynn Parry, Bay Simpson)
- When I Get Home (feat. Zac Brown) (Zac Brown, Jonathan Singleton, Ben Simonetti)
- The Other Half (Chad Michael Jervis, Phil Barton, Seth Mosley)
- When I Call Your Name (Vince Gill, Tim Dubois)
- I’m Feelin’ Good (Steve Miller Band) (Wendell Mobley, Chris Stevens, Neil Thrasher)
- Dive Bar (Simon Dumas, Justin Morgan, Lonnie Fowler)
- What I Know Now (Reid Isbell, Jacob Lutz, Daniel Ross)
- Heathen (feat. Marcus King) (Chad Michael Jervis, Chris Deaton, Caleb Miller, Ellis Melillo)
- The Dash (Chad Michael Jervis, Logan Wall, Drew Kennedy)
About King Calaway:
Named as one of the seven ‘new Country acts to watch out for’ by Billboard, King Calaway has been taking the Country music industry by storm ever since their 2019 debut album, Rivers. From performing on national TV shows such as Jimmy Kimmel, The Late Late Show with James Corden, TODAY, The Kelly Clarkson Show and the internationally acclaimed show Neighbours to making their Grand Ole Opry debut, the band has opened for Country music icon Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Rascal Flatts, Lainey Wilson, Gabby Barrett and Scotty McCreery. The band’s 2021 EP, Midnight, ushered in their more organic harmonious California Country sound that featured “hooky songs with infectious melodies and big, harmony-rich choruses” (People). Most recently, the “rising Country band” (Country Now) joined forces with the award-winning Zac Brown as their producer on brand new music, including “When I Get Home” that the guys performed with Zac Brown at Nissan Stadium during last year’s CMA Fest as well as the high-energy track “I’m Feelin’ Good (Steve Miller Band).” Having just wrapped 2022 tours with both Blanco Brown and Dustin Lynch, the band will hit the road with Zac Brown Band in 2023 and will release even more Zac Brown-produced new music and will release its new Zac Brown-produced album, Tennessee’s Waiting, on August 4, 2023. For more information, visit: https://www.kingcalaway.com.
https://www.countryschatter.com/2023/06/king-calaway-releases-title-track-tennessees-waiting-ahead-of-album-release-on-aug-4/New ReleasesPress Release"Tennessee's Waiting",King Callaway,Marcus King,Zac Brown